Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

Is it the "standard" workflow in DocuSign that I cannot sign a contract directly when I create it, if it's meant to be signed by both myself and the other recipient? So far, I've been setting myself as the first recipient and then having to sign it through my email before the signed contract gets sent to the other recipient.

Is there no way to sign the document directly while creating it, without going through the extra step of signing it via email?

Thanks a lot !

@Service_Orientation 

When the user account you are logged in as, is the same as the first recipient in the signature workflow, you can sign it straight away without the need to wait for the email and click on the link that is included there.

Docusign will recognise that and there will be the following screen, where you can click on “SIGN NOW”:

It may be that your user account and the details you provided for the first recipient are different, e.g. a slightly different spelled name. You can type “@me” into the name of the first recipient and when you hit tab, it will pre-fill the recipient details with the full name and email address from your account and match then.

Hi @Service_Orientation,

I hope you are doing well.

I want to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution or if the information provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.