Skip to main content
Question

Witness location

• 9 September 2024
  • 1 reply

Morning all

Is there a way to ensure that the signer and witness are in the same location when signing an envelope?

If my understanding of how DocuSign works with location, the following is correct:

• DocuSign will include a signer's IP address in the Certificate of Completion as part of the full audit trail of a document.
  • Also, sharing your location information is a browser-related setting that is not mandatory.  If a signer opts-in to share their location during signing, location information allows DocuSign to display the 'Signed in Location' on a map from within the envelope's details under the Manage tab.

All of these assist in some way but both work after the signing has been completed.  Is there anything I’m missing, any feature or add-in available to ensure both are in the same location?

Many thanks.

Kenneth

Hi @Kenneth,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  

The IP address recorded as part of the Certificate of Completion is the source address used at the moment of accessing the envelope, and used throughout the whole signing session, until it is completed. 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!