Skip to main content

I had to “correct” a file prior to my client signing since I forgot to add one document. I was unable to add the document due to not having any envelopes, so I had to purchase a subscription.. again. Pretty sure I already did this, but for some reason only had 3 envelopes this month. I have had to correct/add documents in the past but was never penalized and had to use an additional envelope. Is this new to the terms or was I just robbed a whole envelope? Same sender, email, only one additional document and one signature was needed, but system used a whole envelope. 

As I read, “An envelope is a container for documents that you send to a recipient to sign. An envelope can have one document or many documents, and one signer or many signers. Envelopes have statuses (e.g., sent, delivered, completed, voided) and also contain information about the sender and timestamps that indicate the progress of the delivery procedure. Regardless of how many documents, fields and signers a given envelope contains, it still counts only once towards your eSignature plan’s envelope allowance once it is sent out to be signed.”

Hi @Ashley.T,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that you were asked to purchase more envelopes to correct your existing envelope, but I will assist in locating the root cause of the issue.

Envelope corrections should not count towards your monthly allowance. 

To confirm exactly how many envelope sends you have used, please  run an Account Activity Report, offered in Reports>Usage>Account Activity Report.

The Account Activity report will show how many envelopes were sent during the time range selected as part of the report's parameters.

You can find more details on this topic, here:

How do I see how many envelopes my account has used?

Account Activity Report

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @Ashley.T,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!