Skip to main content
Why do I get the following error message - 'Account does not have permission to set Allow Comments.' I can't find any settings to disable comments?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

The error is due to the comments not being enabled on the account when they should, please contact your account administrator for assistance, if you are them, please go to Settings > Comments > "Enable comments in envelopes sent from this account" > Save.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thanks, but I don't have a 'Comments' section in Settings. I should have said that when I pressed <SEND> for my document, the above error message came up and the document could not be sent.

I think I need to raise a ticket and have someone contact me, but it's so hard to navigate the site and find out where i can do that..

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

Yes, it seems like the option is turned off in the backend, what is the plan type you currently have?

If you are a DocuSign administrator, you can open a Customer Support case by clicking the link below. https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

but, if you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down the page to “More Support Options” and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." You will have different options to contact Support.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thks. I just have a standard e-Signature account.

I'll try again with a fresh document, I started the last one and saw my trial had ended when I tried to send, I paid for a monthly subscription and continued, so maybe that was it.

See how I go.