Skip to main content
When you resend a document, does it only send to those who haven't completed it, or does it resend it to everyone?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

This behavior is directly dependent on your envelope's signing order.

If you have set a signing order, only the recipients included in the current level of your signing order will receive the new notification.

In the case that you haven't set a signing order, all recipients pending to complete their assigned action will receive the new notification.

You can find more details on this topic, here:

To resend to all outstanding recipients

To resend an envelope to just one recipient

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

So does it send to the people who’ve already signed? (I have set a signing order) Some of them “sit” on it for quite a while before responding.

Anita Badger

Property & Title Identification Technician

Mapping & Property Identification Unit

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

When resending an envelope the application will only email a new link to the recipients who have not completed their assigned action in the ongoing signing order level.

Any recipients that have completed their action, or recipients located later in the signing order will not be notified.

For more details on this topic, see:

To resend to all outstanding recipients

To resend an envelope to just one recipient

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Thank you, that is what I thought, that it would only send to those in my set signing order that had yet to respond. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t sending repeat copies to the ones who have already responded.

Anita Badger

Property & Title Identification Technician

Mapping & Property Identification Unit

Hi,

You are very welcome, feel free to let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,