Skip to main content
When and why was it changed, that envelopes can be corrected/changed after a first signaturewas applied?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience. but would it be possible for you to clarify what type of corrections are you referring to?

More information at Correct Documents

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Dear,

last year we were in touch with a similar question (see below)

once a signature was applied, no correction could be made (additional signee, document changes)

Now, I could still add text, add signees and therefore manipulate the document without information to the first signee. It can only be seen from the certificate.

This is crazy. The final document will still be available, even if the first signee does not agree with the changes.

I hope this clarifies my issues.

Now I really think twice to use docusign for relevant documents.

Kind regards

grafik

Hello,

Thank you for the information, to confirm, are you using the DocuSign Web App, or are you using an integration?

Best regards,

Dear, yes I am using the DocuSign Web app. Best regards Julia

Hello,

Thank you for the information, to confirm, you are not using the Document Markup feature?

If not, the behavior is expected, you can still add new text fields for other recipients in any part of the envelope, all the changes are recorded in the envelope history, and also at the backend, the fields are assigned to each recipient.

If the envelope is still open you can add new recipients to it, depending on the account configuration you might be able to add new documents to the envelope as well.

Best regards,