Skip to main content
We have several recipients who need to be able to review / edit and sign off on construction drawings who are within and outside of our organization. Need all to review /edit and approve inside and outside of our company? With our without DocuSign

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I understand that you are looking to allow your recipients to negotiate changes to your envelopes and I will gladly walk you through the available options to set this up.

For this scenario, I would recommend you look into our Markup feature.

Comments and markup allow your recipients to negotiate changes to fields and documents in an envelope and can require an initial next to each change to restart your Signing Order.

For more details on how to work with Markup, see:

Document Markup and Collaborative Fields

How Recipients Use Document Markup

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.  

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Hello,

I have been trying to do something similar using Power Automate, where the 1st recipient (manager) will be allowed to edit the document itself, sign and then forward to the project manager to sign. 

I’ve read to implement this that I need to first go to the DocuSign Send Settings and “Enable allow to edit recipient” under the Recipient Roles.  Then, within the flow, I’ve changed the “Recipient type” to “Allow to Edit”.  

My flow is failing with this error “The recipient Editor must be an existing DocuSign account member.”  The problem is I am this recipient and I do have a DocuSign account.  The flow actually sent the email to me successfully but I did not see the Markup in the Other Options.

I have a few questions:
1. Why am I receiving this error?
2. Does every recipient need to have a DocuSign account in order to use the Document Markup?
3. By changing the Send Settings to “enable allow to edit recipient”.  Is this going to affect all the other administrators envelopes giving their recipients edit permission?  Or this is just giving them the option to add this capability to their envelope (outside of a flow).

Thank you!