Skip to main content
We have a new document (9 pages) that needs to be templated. That templated document will then be inserted into multiple existing templates. Is there any way to format it once and then insert the file into these additional templates?

My suggestion is to create Template A, upload the document, add fields and Recipients etc. Then copy Template A making Template B, then adjust what is needed under Template B and so and so on. If the document needs to change slightly from Template A, then for Template B you use the "replace" feature which allows the documents to be swapped without losing DocuSign fields, then you make the adjustments based on what changed in the document.

Thanks, but that's not quite it - the same new template will be inserted into multiple existing templates. (I edited my question to better reflect what I need.

However, you've given a great idea for another set of templates I need to create shortly.

Sorry, I think I understand what you need but I believe there is only one way to accomplish it. If I understand you are looking to merge Templates, so if you create Template A with Document A, and Template B with Document B, how would you create Template C that has both Document A and Document B. To accomplish this you would need to "Use" Template A, add Document B, apply Template B and send, then go to that envelope under Manage, Sent, and select "Save as Template". You now have created Template C with Document A and Document B with appropriate fields.

Thanks, I had a feeling that might be the only way.