Skip to main content

Does Docu sign automatically add the new Federal tax forms or do we have to manually change them ourselves?

Hello, @LisaN 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

I’m not sure if I understand your question.

Do you want to upload a Tax form into an envelope? If you have the form so you just need to upload it or create a template.

We have some forms in our Templates’ library for W-4:

1. https://dsucustomers.docusign.com/km-template-employees-withholding-certificate-w-4/1703123

2. https://dsucustomers.docusign.com/km-template-withholding-for-periodic-pension-or-annuity-payments-w-4p/1703118

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Hi @LisaN - Docusign doesn’t automatically add the forms in the product, but Docusign University updates some of the most popular Federal Tax forms in the Template Library.

The pre-tagged W-4, W-9 and more are available for you to download and upload directly into your account to customize and use. 

I hope that helps. 

Hello LisaN,

Just to follow up on this, it is maybe a good idea to add attributes to the W9 dates for tracking and renewals. You can also customize renewal reminders, and typically companies like to renew W9 dates 2 to 3 year basis or renew them when the form changes. If the form changes, you probably need to manually upload new version or use a CLM workflow or new maestro to do bulk update.

Very Respectfully,
Justin Jiang

@LisaN - The pre-tagged W-4W-9 are ready for you to download and upload to your account.   You can always check the date of the of the document from an official government website and download the new forms.    All you need to do next is replace the document on your existing template.  Because these forms already have fields.  When you replace the new document on your template select the option to Delete the form field data so you don’t replace your existing tags in your template.

Hi @LisaN,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.