Skip to main content

I received a real estate document with a digital signature and the property owner says that he did not sign it.  How can I verify if someone else signed it using his name?

Hello, @Mikesdocs 

Welcome to the Docusign Community.

You can check the envelope’s History or the Certificate of Completion where there is an audit trail.

Digital signatures requires a certificate, only a person having access to that certificate can sign. It’s important to check if your cliente shares his email with others, and if he granted permissions for other person use his certificate, a secretary for example.

I hope that helps!

Best,

Alexandre

Thank you for responding Alexandre.  The document was given to me by a Realtor in Texas who claims that the property owner signed it.  The property owner says he did not sign the document.  I need to verify if the signature was placed by someone other than the property owner.  Here’s a picture of the string at the top of the document.

Hello @Mikesdocs ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you would like to verify the signature on a document that was sent to you.

The ID you provided belongs to DigiSign, not Docusign, now, if you see another envelope ID on that same document that looks like the one in the following article then it could be that the document was signed through DigiSign and then Docusign or the other way around, but if there isn’t an Envelope ID then it most likely not signed in Docusign and I would recommend you contact them: Locate a Docusign envelope ID  

Please let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Mikesdocs ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!