Skip to main content

When I add a note of instruction to a document, do I keep myself as the designated signer, or the recipient? I want the recipient to see the note, but I don’t want it to be on the final document.

@PCole - Can you add a private message to the recipient.   There is not a way to add it to the document, where it would not display on the final document.   The private message will show only for that recipient on the notification email. 

Hi @PCole,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

I need assistance. If I add a note to a Docusign envelope document and want signers to see it as an instruction, do I keep the note assigned to myself, or the signer? Also, will the note remain ON the document, or will it disappear after all signers have completed the envelope?

@PCole 

It depends where and how you add the note.   If you add it as a Text note and assign it to a signer, it will remain on the document.   Maybe a best option would be to add Tooltips to your fields if you want to guide your signers.  A tooltip is a helpful tip or hint that appears when a signer moves their mouse cursor over a field. It provides guidance or additional information about that field, which can be very useful to ensure the signer understands what is needed.

@JohnSantos THAT’S a great tip...thank YOU!