Skip to main content

Hello, I should like to learn if I’m able to edit/ remove/ delete text in fields of contracts that I IUPLOAD] to my DOCUSIGN®️ account?  It would very encouraging if I could receive a response to this question.  Thank you

Hi @ILLUMINATUS !

Sorry if my understanding is not correct, but you would like to know if you can edit the information in a document directly in Docusign. Correct?

If this is your question, the answer is it “depends”. If you are using the eSignature product, this is not possible, as the platform transforms your document into a protected .PDF, for compliance reasons. If you use the CLM product, this could be done in a few negotiation steps before sending it for signature.

The only possibility for the eSignature product would be to use fields from the platform, such as the text field. While you are preparing the envelope (before the sending step), you can add text fields and enter information into them.

Hello @ILLUMINATUS ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!