Skip to main content

I have a routine document that needs an attorney signature if the employee has an attorney, but not if there is not. I do not have the contact info for the attorney or knowledge of attorney in advance.  Update recipients seems like the way to go, but I do not have it as an option in Recipient roles (greyed out).  IT assures me I have been given the highest permissions, so does anyone know what needs done to activate it?  or is there another solution?

Hello, @Elizabeth 

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

Could you send a screenshot where you said it’s not enabled (grayed out) the action?

I’d suggest to you using the Specify Recipient option. You add your signer first then as second one you add another one recipient using the same name/email from the previous one, your signer, select the Specify recipient then a text box will show up to you type the function/role, type Lawyer leaving the Full name and email fields in blank. Your signer will receive the notification to sign then after signing the document and finish. He will receive another email notification to review and assign a lawyer name/email. 

See this example where Luke Dokki is the signer and also who must specify the next recipient, the lawyer.

(image removed due to personal information)

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

I do not have a Specify Recipient option

(image removed due to personal information)

Help indicated that I should enable update recipients but i cannot. Specify recipients is, but I can’t access (neither can i access the witness signing)

Hello @Elizabeth ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

Thank you for reaching back. I understand the options to specify recipients and witness is not enabled in your account, actually it shows grayed out. I’m sorry for the frustration these lack of features may have caused you.

Please note that some Docusign plans include or don’t include certain features, you can see the list of features included in eSignature plans can be seen in the following link: Compare eSignature plans & pricing

If the features show that they are included in the plan then they could be disabled in the backend and could only be enabled by a Customer Support agent.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Elizabeth ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!