Skip to main content
Question

unable to see the text type in the preselect field

• 6 September 2024
  • 1 reply

unable to see the TEXT type in the Pre-fill Field Types when designing a template. i can see only one type: LINE

at the time of sending the agreement off to signing, we’d like to fill some values at the last moment, like amount of investment, etc. for that we created custom fields, but those are still not what we want. custom fields still do not serve our purpose as they create a back and forth while sending the agreement.

we want the Pre-fill Field Types fields that allow us to fill in the values at the time of sending the document to the investor (as all investor has different allocation amounts).

and I’ve read this article here - Sometimes a sender needs to fill out fields before sending but doesn't need to sign the documents. In these cases, pre-fill fields enable senders to fill out their fields before sending. The values the sender enters are burned into the documents for the recipients to see. This topic defines the available pre-fill fields….

but hey, i still can’t see the TEXT type of

Hi @maha9999,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  

It is not necessarily needed to use Pre-Filled fields in order to fulfill your needs in this scenario. If you are looking to add text to your text boxes prior to sending your envelope, or during a correction, you may do so by double clicking the field to edit during the Add Fields step of the envelope creation, or correction process. As well as through the “Add Text” box, included as part of the Field Properties menu, displayed at the right side of the screen after clicking or dropping a field. For more details on these topics, see:

Basic Field Properties
Edit Field Properties

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!