Skip to main content
Community Expert wrote:

what's going to be changing is just a section that can be added using a field, then yes, you can create a custom field or add a normal text box with a specific Data Label (for easy recognition) and add the needed information for each recipient using the .csv.

For more information on bulk send, please view: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=wtn1643071711000&topicId=sed1578456384133.html&_LANG=enus

Hi, I’ve read that link but need a walkthough.

→ When I send my template, I have 2 sections I need to edit for each recipient before they sign. One section is a simple location text box. The second section is one or more checkboxes I need to pre-fill for each person. (I could use radio buttons or some other symbol if needed.)

After I send, each recipient must then type out a few fields of their own (address/phone) to ensure I capture whatever’s current for them at time of signing.

Because I still send manually, I am adding name/email/signature/date fields more than once per each recipient, and in one section I’m adding a few other fields for each that goes out, all because I can’t set up the template to include generic placeholders for any of it since the recipients can’t be included in templates. Please advise.

I’ve edited the Data Labels for each checkbox and also the one for the location text box. I don’t understand what I need to do for any of the fields in the .csv … my data consists of name, email.

Thanks.

Hello, @ddeckert 

When you create a template it’s possible to add Placeholder or Role function as recipients, see the figure:

After creating your template, you can Use it then click in the Advanced Edit to get access to the Bulk Send option based in your template, download the .CSV template then edit it to fill up with the recipients names and emails as well any other text field that’s included in your template.

See this video about how to use Bulk Send:

This another one explains how to create a Template:

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Hi @ddeckert,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hi Alejandro,

I still have this same tab open in my browser for follow-up … with work being busy I just haven’t had time to look at this just yet.

Hi @ddeckert,

I appreciate you taking the time to reach back to us.

I understand your position, please don’t hesitate in letting me know if I can facilitate anything in the meantime and I will look into it as soon as possible.

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!