Skip to main content

I want to create a template letter that will be used to give notice to individuals. The notice will be standard; however, the opening paragraph would be different depending on the issue. Does anyone know if there is a way to create a function where a user of the template could select from a group of pre-built paragraphs to auto-insert? Sort of like a dropdown option, but for a selection of a paragraph vs. just a few words. 

@smcmeans 

How many different issues do you anticipate? You might consider creating a template that allows the sender to select the issue from a dropdown menu. However, if there aren’t too many variations of the issues, it might be more effective to create separate versions of the template for each issue. Using a dropdown might not be as visually appealing because aligning the text with the rest of the document can be challenging.

There are 4-5 different reasons, but the issue would need a full paragraph added. This is used for a receipt of notice to end an apartment rental agreement. For example. it could be due to the tenant ending, landlord ending no reason given, death, non-payment, violations. Each situation would have a separate opening paragraph that would need to be added. that is where a dropdown list is typically a word or few words and so that is what I am trying to figure out is how to add a specific longer paragraph into a template based on the need vs. creating separate templates (if possible). 

@smcmeans 

I that case, then you could use a combination of dropdown with a short description and a conditional text that shows the paragraph on the text of the document when the sender selects one of the 4-5 different reasons. 

This is a rough sample of the setup.   You need to overlap your paragraph text and set up your condition to display the corresponding text based on the selection.

Hello @smcmeans ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!