Skip to main content

Hi! I’m having trouble with a OpenType-formatted font, Flama. When creating an envelope with a word document with this font, something happens when it’s converted to PDF by Docusign and the font changes to Times new roman. Also, sometimes numbers or letters disappear. Is there a list of supported (or non-supported) fonts, so I can change my document styles? Other classic fonts like Arial, calibri etc works fine, it’s just this one in particular I’m having trouble with. If I choose Print to PDF in word, the font is OK. However, when I choose Save as PDF or Save as Adobe PDF, and then create an envelope in Docusign, it seems like letters disappear or gets replaced with “X” in a box. Anyone having the same problem? Embedding the font in the document and converting it to Truetype does not solve the problem.

Regards.

Hello @HannaSun

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause you, I know the importance of having the correct font displayed as needed in the envelope; I understand that are having issues when trying to upload a document with the Flama font.

Currently, we do not have an article for the supported document fonts because the list is in constant change, any time a document uses a font that the system does not recognize, it will use the closest font that is currently available in the system font library. 

We have a list of supported fonts for the DocuSign fields that can give you an idea of what types of fonts are supported for documents, please see Supported Fonts for DocuSign Tabs, be aware that this list is for the DocuSign Fields.

However, any feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome. 

If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request directly when you’re logged into your account. You’ll be able to click the “Give Feedback” button at the bottom of the screen to submit your idea.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.