Skip to main content

Hello.

I am working on integrating DocuSign with Salesforce for my company. Currently, when the document is sent for signature, the recipient receives an email with a link to populate fields and sign the document.

However, in our case the user who initiates the document is also the person responsible for completing the values in some of the fields tagged on the document. If possible I would like to streamline the process by directly opening the page in Salesforce and bypassing the need for the initiator to have to essentially also have to send via email.

Is this possible? I am very new to docusign therfore, documentation or videos outlining the steps will be very helpful. 

Nancy

Hi @nmagalhaes,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to allow your senders to fill out certain fields on behalf of their signers, and I will share more details on the topic. This is possible without having to add the sender as part of the signing order, by double left clicking on the field to edit, or by adding the answer within the Field Properties menu. These options are available during the add fields step of the envelope creation process. Whenever the envelope is started within the DocuSign for Salesforce integration, the senders will have the option to get to the Add Fields step after entering their signer’s contact details, as long as the button being used in the Salesforce record has not been configured to automatically send the envelope without input from the user. This behavior can be updated in the Envelope Template’s Add Options step, you will want to pick the “Default” Sending Experience, this will allow your senders to add and edit fields in their envelopes. For more details on this topic, see:

Add Fields to a Document

Step 6: Add Options Like Quick Send and Writeback

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

​Hi @nmagalhaes,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!