Skip to main content

How do I stop information from one field from populating to another field. 

Example: I enter a Name on Form A. That name then populates into the Price line on Form B. When I correct the Price line in Form B, the Price replaces the Buyer Name in Form A.

@registerpatrick

Docusign eSignatue will auto populate to other fields, if you give the fields the same data label. This is a feature that allows the recipient to only enter the data once if it needs to be used in multiple fields throughout the document or even across documents inside the same envelope, depending on the configuration. If you don’t want to populate the same values across fields, simply give the fields different data labels.

This Docusign Support article has additional information on the topic. 

Hi @registerpatrick,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!