Skip to main content

I have triple checked that a client’s name is spelt correct in my contacts area as well as their email address. When they sign, the last name is spelled in their signature incorrectly. So odd. Where is the error and how can this be fixed??

@remaxmeg 

You might want to look into the “Lock Recipient Name” feature in DocuSign.  

The "Lock Recipient Name" feature in DocuSign is a setting that allows you to prevent recipients from changing their name when they adopt their signature during the signing process. This feature ensures that the name specified by the sender is used consistently throughout the document, avoiding potential issues such as spelling errors or unauthorized name changes.

This setting is managed at the account level, meaning it applies to all envelopes sent from that account once enabled. It's not possible to apply this setting on a per-envelope or per-template basis; it will affect all new envelopes created under the account.

To enable or disable this feature, you need to be an account administrator. You can access it by going to the DocuSign Web App, navigating to Settings > Signing Settings > Signature Adoption Configuration, and then checking or unchecking the "Lock Recipient Name" option. If this option is checked, the recipient won't be able to alter their name when signing the document. If it's unchecked, they will have the flexibility to modify their name during the signing process, such as correcting a spelling mistake or adding a middle name​.

Hi @remaxmeg,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.