Skip to main content

I have a document in an envelope, and I want to make sure that the customer and the owner can't see each other's signatures on the same document. Usually, if we use two separate documents in an envelope, we can control what each person sees. But I want to do this with just one document

Hi @Junaid Khan !

Do you know the Document Visibility function? I believe this is exactly what you are looking for.

If you send an envelope containing multiple files and you want to control which files each recipient sees, you can use Document Visibility to accomplish this. A common scenario is you want recipients to see only those files which they need to sign. With document visibility, you can create one envelope with files intended for individual recipients, rather than having to create a separate envelope for each recipient.

Check the two articles below for more information about this feature. I just would like to emphasize that it’s not available for all plans, that is, depending on the type of account you have at Docusign, this feature may not be available to you.

Let me know if I could help you with your question!

Hi @Vinicius.Rodrigues 

Indeed, I'm aware that the Document Visibility function can be useful. Suppose we're sending an envelope containing multiple files, but I prefer to send one with just a single file. In this case, I aim to ensure that both parties cannot see each other's signature on this single file. Specifically, the customer's signature should be hidden from the owner, and likewise, the owner's signature should be concealed from the customer on that file.

Hi @Vinicius.Rodrigues 

Indeed, I'm aware that the Document Visibility function can be useful. Suppose we're sending an envelope containing multiple files, but I prefer to send one with just a single file. In this case, I aim to ensure that both parties cannot see each other's signature on this single file. Specifically, the customer's signature should be hidden from the owner, and likewise, the owner's signature should be concealed from the customer on that file.

Hi @Junaid Khan !

Thanks for clarifying!

In this scenario, where there is only a single document/file, it’s currently not possible to perform this process in Docusign. In our platform, if both are signing in to the "same page", they both need to view the entire content of the page.

Unfortunately, I can't think on alternative solutions using just one document/file. What I could suggest is to use two duplicate files, where each recipient would sign one of them, and this way it would be possible to use Document Visibility.

Thank you for your understanding and suggestions! I appreciate your input   @Vinicius.Rodrigues 

Thank you for your understanding and suggestions! I appreciate your input   @Vinicius.Rodrigues 

My pleasure @Junaid Khan !

If I can help you with anything else, please, let me know.
If I managed to answer your question, could you mark “Select as Best” in my last answer? Thank you!