Skip to main content

I send a document which needs to be signed by 4 individuals. One of the signers takes print out of the document and gets it signed from someone else manually and emails the document to us. So , i do have the signed document but my question is can we add a delegate for that particular signer? Does the signer & delegate need to have a DocuSign account?

Is there any other workaround for such scenarios in DocuSign?

Thank you,

Rita

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Specify recipients recipient action. This specifies a recipient who can fill in the name and email address of the role recipients who are at their same position or later in the signing order.

Update recipients recipient action. This specifies a recipient who can edit recipient details for any remaining recipients in the signing order.

These types of roles do not require the signer to have an account, there is the option to Sign as a delegated signer.

In your case, you can assign either the specify or update recipient role to the signer that prints the document to get it signed or you can use enable the delegated signer.

Please let us know if you need further assistance with anything else and click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue!.

You can create a case at https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport and a Support agent will contact you, If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

Thanks Christopher!

Question : If I use the delegate signing option, the person who is printing the document needs to add someone else as a delegate signer, am I right? Do anyone of them needs to have DocuSign account?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Specify recipients recipient action. This specifies a recipient who can fill in the name and email address of the role recipients who are at their same position or later in the signing order.

Yes, the person will need to add the delegated signer and No, unless you set it up in your account settings, a DocuSign account is not needed to sign envelopes. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance with anything else and click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue!.

You can create a case at https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport and a Support agent will contact you, If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator