Skip to main content

I sent a document just with the signature (first page). I didn't sent the second page with the informations about the signature (date and hour, for example). Is my signature still valid?

@Danielly 

With the second page you mean the Certificate of Completion (CoC) which has more details on how the transaction came into place with various timestamps, etc.? Are you talking about different pages or documents? If you used combined download the document and the CoC would be in a single document, otherwise the signed document and the CoC are two separate documents.

The validity of the signed document standalone is given, the CoC only has more details in case you need to prove it. However, the signature on the signed document is valid without the CoC. It contains a DocuSign platform seal to make it tamper-proof and allows you to check, if the signed document was not changed.

Hi @Danielly !
I replied to your private message, but I’m also replying here too, just to help more customers with the same doubt as you have.

To reply your question is important to say that depend on the scenario in which you performed it. I'll try to explain some details to you:

1. DocuSign does not recommend that you create a new envelope using a document that already contains signatures before (like a completed envelope). This invalidates the transaction made previously (in that first document signed), as this "new" transaction will only include the recipients who signed in this second flow;
  2. If you already have a signed and completed an envelope (where everyone in the flow has already signed previously), and you need to share this document with someone who was not part of the flow, you can send the document along with that Certificate of Completion of the envelope, as this second document will contain all the legal information for that specific transaction - just be careful, as this certificate may contain confidential information.
  3. If you have a document signed with a digital certificate (what we call a qualified signature or QES, such as the ICP-Brazil type certificate), in this case it’s essential that you download only the signed document, as this file will contain the data of the digital certificate(s) used to sign the document.

I hope I could help you on it!

Hi @Danielly,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Vinicius.Rodrigues , may be you can help me.

I have a signed document but  ITI validation does not recognize the signatures. Why is so?

Hi @Vinicius.Rodrigues , may be you can help me.

I have a signed document but  ITI validation does not recognize the signatures. Why is so?

Hi @Fe_Martins !

There are some criteria for validating signatures in the Validar validator developed by ITI, including:

In addition to the points above, a common mistake is generally to confuse electronic signatures with digital signatures. The ITI only validates documents whose signatures used public certificates of the ICP-Brasil type. Any other signature made, this verifier does not validate. Check for more information in this Youtube video (in Portuguese): Assinatura Eletrônica VS Assinatura Digital

If you are the sender or a recipient of this envelope, you can contact Docusign Customer Support to request more information about this transaction.

Thank you, I don't know if I was clear in the issue.

The document is already signed via docusign by 17 signataries

When I try to validate the signatures in the ITI it says there is no reconizable signatures,

Why is this happening?

Thank you, I don't know if I was clear in the issue.

The document is already signed via docusign by 17 signataries

When I try to validate the signatures in the ITI it says there is no reconizable signatures,

Why is this happening?

Hi @Fe_Martins,

what type of signature did you used (Electronic or Digital)? All 17 recipients used a personal digital certification to sign? If not, it means they signed using the Electronic Signature type. Please, check more information on 4:42 of this Youtube video: Assinatura Eletrônica VS Assinatura Digital - we showed the difference between both signatures.

I’m question it, because ITI only validate Digital Signatures using digital certifications to sign. If your recipients signed using Electronic, ITI won’t validate it.

Hi @Fe_Martins,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.