Skip to main content

When I used Adobe Acrobat for signing documents we could set the size of the signature field and the signature would adjust its size to fit in the box.

With docusign I can’t relate the size of the signature box to the actual area on the form/document. Docusign seems to randomly adjust the signature to fit and more often than not it is not placed where, or within the area constraints, of where I want it to be.

Is there a way to figure out where the top and bottom (and left/right) of the signature box will be and keep the signature within those constraints?

I have a similar problem with fields, and one that Adobe Acrobat handled perfectly. In docusign when I add a field, such as SIGNATURE DATE, the date that docusign puts in that field does not center top/bottom and it will run far off the right side of the field size that I defined if it feels it needs to (instead of just adjusting the font size to fit). So if I want a field to be in a table/matrix on a form, there is no guarantee the data will remain in that box/cell, and, I can’t even tell if it will be centered top to bottom.

Extremely frustrating as it requires a lot of unnecessary playing around just to get a form to be professional looking.

Hi Dan,

Welcome  to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to confirm how to manage your field’s sizing when adding them to your envelopes, and I will clarify the topic for you.

You can edit the size of your field, by dragging the blue dot at its corner. And you can verify how the text in the completed document will look like by clicking Recipient Preview, at the top right corner of the screen.

For detailed steps on these processes, see:

Add Fields to Documents

Preview and Send

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this.  

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

That is very helpful. I have used the preview before but did not know I had to click on the fields to see what they would look like when filled in. This will solve my problem, even though it requires multiple extra steps.

A WYSIWYG editor would be better, like what other high end tools provide, so that I don’t have to go into preview mode to see if what I am sending out looks right.

For example, I may ask for 20 signatures on a single envelope so I have to add them, go into preview, edit them for size, go back to preview mode, back and forth and back and forth (perhaps 2-5 per field) until they are all correct! That is not required with Adobe Signature.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for following up.

I can see how this could generate extra effort during the document tagging step. And, feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always welcome. I encourage you to consider submitting your idea to be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation.If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request through a support case, or by reaching out to your Account Team. We invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!