Skip to main content

Hi all.

After a successful first time document sign, or at least I thought it was so, after the short interval the sender returned the documention requiring a missing signature. I am sure I signed all the yellow boxes. Now, trying to amend, the re-entering program with an amended won´t permit me to download my jpg signature. Previously, when the sign box appears there was the self .jpg upload option but now it doesn´t appear. Also I noticed from the first round, I wasn´t sure if it actually downloaded my preferred signature as whatever it was was extrememly small or condensed, not leaving anyone confident of what is actually going on.

I´m now having a shed-load of conflictory issues with docusign; spending far too much time going around in circles without any resolve. So I´ve ended up having to decline or cancel any attemping signature further adding to contract cancellation and pending delays. I´ve cleared out the browser cache and any program files and cancelled any ongoing documents. A real mess. The sender has twice sent and I´m having the same issues.

None of this appears particulary confident, esp. when legal aspects are paramount.

I really don´t know what to do next other than suggest another program vendor.

Viva paper. It worked for 50 years.  Times are changing but “Oh my”.

Hi @Mule ,
First of all, I'm sorry that your experience with DocuSign isn't pleasing you! DocuSign always strives to simplify processes as much as possible, and thereby reduce use of printed paper and its associated costs.

Regarding your post, unfortunately, it’s not possible to say exactly what is happening to you without getting more technical information. However, I would like to bring up a few points:

• When you are in a signing ceremony, the platform only lets you complete when all mandatory fields are filled/signed. If the sender asked you to sign again affirming that a signature was missing, the process had probably not been completed or the sender added new fields to the same document (yes, it’s possible to make a correction).
  • You mentioned you signed the document by uploading a .jpg signature and now you can’t longer do so, and DocuSign is asking you to adopt another signature. This happens when the recipient's Name + Email combination (entered by the sender) is not the same, "forcing" you to adopt a new signature style - this reinforces the thesis that the sender added you again to the same flow.
  • When you say that you no longer have the option to change your signature, try clicking on it and see if the "Change" option appears to adopt a new subscription.
    EfycQrGZIM-hF5VBDTCQJOr2__fQ39ufEgP_hZbAtM5XSwwGBZzTDI8S3h5Llf-IlN2tW5MfknwwUjHnum5JCW2JXZthFPAjeYeIoMKmVo3NpgHGnno5uGayIXHDJccFjkHm6xuoK_Gfdarx5aDY-C8

If you are still experiencing problems and need technical assistance, my suggestion in this scenario would be to contact the Customer Support Team, so they can check the details of this transaction and verify exactly what is happening to you.

Please let me know if you still need assistance!

When you are in a signing ceremony, the platform only lets you complete when all mandatory fields are filled/signed. If the sender asked you to sign again affirming that a signature was missing, the process had probably not been completed or the sender added new fields to the same document (yes, it’s possible to make a correction).

----------

Troublesome. The fact that I thought all sign areas on the document was finished and it never queried any missing fields, by clicking NEXT it permitted me to go on to the next question, then why did the document allow me come up with the FINISH banner and send it off !

As a result, there´s now rather alot of my signatures floating around, basically with loose ends without a conclusion. This as you say, “change signatures”(again) on top of the signatures of the prior legal art already gone out ! So the receipient (legal company) is bound to question the validity and difference between the updated and /or real signature.

At wits end, I really don´t know what to do next . Contact the seller who perhaps has given up hope.

As a consulting engineer all this is highly embarassing.

rj

Hi @Mule !

Once again, I’m sorry that your experience was not as expected, and let me know if I can help you right now.

In parallel, one of the things I’d like to mention is that the graphic art of the signature (drawing/uploading/adopting) does not bring legal validity to the document, but rather the entire context behind it, such as date and time of accesses/signatures, IP, geolocation, email addresses and other information that is available in the Certificate of Completion. If you have this certificate for a complete envelope, for example, this will provide the necessary support for that transaction.

Thanks for clarification. I am replying to this assuming anything here will be seen in the public domain so my problem can only be resolved between myself and the seller. Both of us will have to re-start the entire form filling process again, adding to complications and confusion.

Still, I maintain the bugs in the form filling program that it shouldn´t allow one to move to the next page without obligatory boxes confirmed signed. I found it very odd that the finish banner appears with form completed, and off it goes. Easy to miss a vital with the blink of the eye. Some of us are still very human.

I shall see how developments progress.

Hi @Mule !

I’m agree with you about the fact that the platform allows you to complete an envelope without filling in all the mandatory fields is very strange, and if this really happened it should be considered a bug.

If you want, I can open a ticket with the technical support team and they will be able to check all the details of the envelope, and check if a bug has actually occurred or if any other action has occurred on the part of the sender (such as correcting). To do it, I’ll need some private details like an envelopeID and your email (that you can send me by a private message - please do not share this information by a public post).

Apologies for the delay in replying.

The obvious reply for me on this without submitting confidential details to another 3rd party (which is the wrong thing to do to give client details to a support team);   regardless, is to submit a bug request in the view of improving form filling and box verification that others don´t fall into the same trap. However, it must be in everyone´s best interests that the program form compliler and emulation are improved, properly done and checked.The sender has paid a licence for using the prior art, I am only the unfortunate receipient.

As to my problem with the sender of the form, there is now a communicative “log-jam” in what to do next, there are two other companies not inclusing myself but someone should at least reply, albeit we may have to start again and (hope) with a new number. Who is the onus on... The paid up subscriber ?

As a time established analog engineer with patents, the digital ways are being impressed on everyone, however it is astounding the raft of poorly configured programs that are abound.

Hope others take note.

rj

Hi @Mule !

Once again I’m sorry that your experience was not as simple and functional as possible. If you still need help with this, I'm committed to opening a support ticket so the team can investigate what's going on and help you with the next steps. We cannot simply affirm that it’s a bug without the necessary evidence, but if it’s proven, the develop team will certainly investigate and correct what is necessary.

Regarding data confidentiality, for compliance reasons, Docusign’s team does not have access to the information within transacted contracts, only to metadata. Therefore, if you wish to continue this investigation, we only need those two data information (envelopeID and email address of the recipient involved). If you prefer, you can open a ticket yourself and provide this information directly through the support platform, accessing the website: https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport?language=en_US

I hope the Customer Support Team can help you to solve any issues and make your experience with the product more pleasant!

Hello @Mule ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!