Skip to main content

I seem to recall that a previous version of DocuSign allowed you to number the fields so that you could proceed logically from one field to the next logical field (say from Address line 1 to Address line 2 to City to State to Zip code etc.), however I can’t seem to find where to set this up in the previous version.  

Does the current DocuSign have this ability and where would I enable it, please?

Hello @Mfoord-ROM

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I know the importance of navigating the fields in the envelope as needed. I understand that want to set a field order to pre-fill fields.

You can find the option in Advanced Properties for Fields on the right side of the screen, these properties will include Data Label, Group Label, Radio Button Values, Checkbox Values, Location, Collaboration, Validation, Conditional Logic, Field Order, and AutoPlace. 

These properties allow you to customize and control the behavior and appearance of fields in your documents. Learn more about each property to make the most out of your form data collection and recipient experience.

More information at Advanced Properties for Fields.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello and thank you for helping - I really appreciate it!  Unfortunately I can’t find the option you mention under “Advanced Options”.  Am I looking in the right place?  (See screen shot attached...) 

I can do the pre-fill fields (grey) and put the qty and price in, but I can only do calculations (A multiplied by 😎 and totalling up all the extended costs in the SIGNER fields (but the signer isn’t doing the calculations, they should just be signing).  Is this correct?  I would have thought the calculation fields would be “pre-filled” so that I could see them BEFORE I send to the signer…. 
Is there not a way to “pre-fill” the fields so I can make sure the total seems right (i.e. that I haven’t made a mistake and added an extra 0 or forgotten something)?

Hello @Mfoord-ROM

Thank you for reaching back, the option is located during the envelope creation, in the section were you add fields, on the right side of the screen.

Are you able to see it?

Can you provide more information about the second post that you made?

Best regards,

So just to confirm, rather than setting up the pre-fill field order in a template, I should set it up when I am about to send an envelope?  

I am trying to set up a template that the whole company can use for purchase requisitions so that, when another individual starts entering data on the PR form it will take them from Vendor name to address to city to province to postal code and then to Ship to address...then to the body where it will have item description, cost per unit, qty and a multiplication of of unit cost times qty to get an extended value.  That way, when someone ELSE does up a purchase requisition using this form they will be guided logically through all the blank fields they need to fill in the right order AND the form will do the price X qty calculation and sum up the total value of the PR.  

If I do this in “envelope” does that mean it will be saved as an envelope that they keep re-using instead of a template?

Hello @Mfoord-ROM

The template would be the best option that way you can set the order that you desire for all the envelopes that are created from that template. Also if you need to make changes you can correct the template.

Best regards,

Hi @Mfoord-ROM,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Hello,

Yes, I agree that it should be done in the template, however the instructions that were sent way back in this email chain appeared to be only for auto-filling the numbers in an ENVELOPE.

I would like to prepare the form I need signed and have it automatically do the multiplication when I enter qty and price and also sum these up and provide a total PO cost so that I can see it when I am updating the Purchase Order document template (so I know who it needs to be sent to based on the $value) and so that the person who needs to sign wiill see this immediately when they open the envelope..  

Can you please provide step-by-step instructions of how to do this, including which menus to access to find these things to click? Then I can store the template with the calculations “coded” into it and can just update qty and price and then send.

Thank you. 

Hi @Mfoord-ROM,

With the Formula field, you can create formulas to calculate values based on number or date fields in your document. The Formula field automatically calculates and displays the result when the recipient completes the underlying fields. This can be useful for tasks such as calculating pro-rated rent or offering optional amenities in a lease agreement. More information at Calculated Fields

Formula fields support standard mathematical operators (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division), signs to evaluate mathematical inequality (<, >, <>, <=, and 😆, and a set of Date functions to calculate a number of days or determine a date. After you created your fields were your signer enter the information needed and you place them in the document you can follow this Add a Formula Field to a Document guide to know how to create the formula.

Best regards,

Hi @Mfoord-ROM,

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator