Skip to main content

Hi,

I am wondering if there is an "or" functionality where as I am able to send a document to two people (from one department) but only require one of their signatures in order for it to progress to the next signatory?

In other words, I send out documents for signing to different departments but only need one signature from each department but I'd like everyone in that department to be able to have the chance to sign and once it is it goes to the next department.

Please advise if there is a way to make this work!

Thanks

Jimmy

Signing Groups are the feature in DocuSign that lets you set Recipients to an "OR" situation. Signing Groups basically take one or more individuals, either could be existing DocuSign Users on the DocuSign Account or individuals outside the account, and place them into a grouping, allowing you to specify the Signing Group as a Recipient. Only one individual in the Signing Group is required to take action to complete the action associated to that Recipient Signing Group. Signing Groups may be a feature specific to certain DocuSign Account plans so check with your DocuSign Admin to see if the feature exists and Admins can setup the Signing Groups.

Here is a DocuSign article on Signing Groups....

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-admin-guide-signing-groups

You are the best! Thank you so much!

I just realized why this wasn't more obvious for me, its because I don't have that function and only my admin does!

Correct, the Signing Groups must be setup by a DocuSign Admin. Once setup these Signing Groups can be used by all DocuSign Users in the Account.