Skip to main content

Hi, Is there a way to send a word document as an attachment and remain or be opened in that format?  Along with sending documents to sign, I want the receiver to be able use attachment to copy the text to insert onto their own company letterhead as well as add in a couple of other details.  Need to make it as simple as possible and can’t assume everyone has Adobe Acrobat to convert from PDF to word format.

Thanks

@Cat - That is not possible.  DocuSign automatically converts into a PDF. This includes both Word documents and other file types. This ensures that after signing the document in DocuSign the structural layout of the document remains intact, allowing for easy viewing and sharing across different platforms and devices. The authenticity of signatures is maintained in the PDF, providing a secure and legally recognized record. 

Hello @Cat 

@JohnSantos has answered your question explaining why.

Perhaps, you could evaluate Docusign CLM.

Docusign CLM would be a perfect fit for your use case. You can send Word documents to be reviewed/edit by parties (internal/external) where the document can be edit, add review comments, and everything you do in a Word document. CLM compares all changes made since version one of the document so an approver can approves or reject. A negotiation process starts between the parties. After everybody agrees with the final version, just need to send it for eSignature.

You can register for free to watch a live webinar about Get Started with Docusign CLM:

https://dsucustomers.docusign.com/get-started-with-docusign-clm

I hope that helps!

Alexandre 

Thank you both for your responses.  I didn’t think this was possible but as a new user, just wanted to check.  Thank you for for the additional information regarding CLM. I will look into this.

Cheers,

Cat