Skip to main content

I am a Docusign admin and have created a Group of 3 people but when I go to send an envelope to this created Group, it doesn't come up as a choice. Can someone help? I might be missing a step or need to get this enabled? Thanks!

Dorothy 

@vando06 - Can you confirm that you created a Signing Group?   If you have and the group has been assigned users, it should be available in your Address book.

Hello, @vando06 

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

Groups are used to organize users by area, department, geo location, etc.

Those groups are not email enabled so you cannot send an envelope to such type of groups.

There is another option called: Signing Groups.

You can add users in a Signing Group then send an envelope to that type of group, however the behavior for this type of group is: The first who signs the document get the requested signature as completed, that mean, if the other members of the Signing Group try to sign then they will get a message informing they don’t need to sign anymore because was signed for another member of the Signing Group.

My suggestion to make your life easy when sending envelopes to the same recipients, it’s to create a template with all those usual recipients (who are members of a group) already set as named recipients.

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

@Alexandre.Augusto Thank you!!!! OK So I created a Group not a signing group - I don’t think I have access to create a signing group. Do you know where that would be in the settings? Thanks!

Also using the template(which I created and tested just now) it works but I don’t need all 3 people signing, it’s more like a PDL where only 1 of 3 need to sign. Not sure if this is feasible to have it say whoever picks it up and signs it that would be all that is needed. Thanks!

Hi, @vando06 

Yep! The Signing Group has this purpose: send to a group of signers, the first one signing eliminates the need for the other members of the group sign too. 

To activate Signing Groups you need to verify what’s your Account Plan.  If you don’t see the option Signing Groups in the Settings page so you need to contact our Sales team to acquire an Add-On.

How to use Signing Groups

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=gav1643676262430&topicId=zgn1578456447934.html&_LANG=enus

A video explaining How To:

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Thank you! I appreciate your response!!!!!

Hi @vando06,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!