Skip to main content

Hello all, My question resides around sending a contract to new clients on boarding with my company. (requiring them to fill in information needed and e sign). My goal in the next few months is to obtain 150 or so new clients. I am super confused on how I am to go about this. I am having a pdf version of my contract uploaded within the next week and I am formatting it to make sure I leave space for what information the “client” needs to fill in. Since I will always be sending out the same contract to every client the only thing that I am unsure about is how I am to send it to a new person every day. Do i need to physically go in and create a new template with that clients email address or can I simply just send the same template to a new email every time. My question may sound confusing because I am confused even writing it haha but can anyone somehow clarify for me? Thank you so much. 

Hi @SAL.G.33,

I understand that you want to streamline your clients onboarding process.

Your questions is quite clear to me but unfortunately the answer isn’t super straight forward because it depends on the layout of your contract.

If the structure of the contract is static see screenshot below:

The variable information that relateS to the client have predefined bounding boxes and their position on the page will never change) then you can create a template in DocuSign.

Each time you’ll onboard a new client you’ll need to go find your template in DocuSign, click ‘Use’, and add the name and email of the client before you can press send. The best option, however, is to connect your DocuSign templates with your CRM so that you can do all of this in just 1 click. But that’s a little more advanced than what you need for now.

But if the structure of the document is dynamic: see screenshot below

It looks like a letter rather that a form because some variable are ‘stuck’ between static text, you need to do access to the feature called Document Generation. 

Unless you’re on an Enterprise DocuSign plan (which you don’t really need if you’re just starting your business and need less than 500 envelopes per month) then you don’t have access to ‘Document Generation’. You can however, create the contract outside of DocuSign (eg. in Word or Google Docs, and upload it to DocuSign, then apply a template against that document and the fields will place themselves automatically, saving you time in envelope sending)

To advise your properly, are you able to attach a screenshot of your contract? Feel free to blur or remove confidential information

Sofian Saoudi,
Solusign Consulting - DocuSign Partner
Need help with DocuSign?
 🌎  www.solusign.com | 📧 sofian@solusign.com | 📺 Follow me on YouTube  

Hello @SAL.G.33 ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!