Skip to main content

My executive receives dozens of contracts daily and is very concerned about accidentally signing a document that hasn’t been previewed by our legal team.  As a result, when contracts come in, he always forwards them to general counsel who then routes the contract to the right lawyer and then that lawyer confirms whether the document is approved for signature. Since he spends most of his time in meetings there’s always a significant backlog of sales contracts and I’m looking for a solution to streamline this approval process.  My solution was to setup a shared inbox for our lawyers to screen contracts and instead of routing to my executive directly, we would route contracts to the shared inbox for legal to review before reassigning the contract to my executive. I thought that my exec would be notified when (shared legal inbox) had reassigned a contract for signature, but instead he only sees who sent it (not who reassigned it).  I’m wondering if there’s a way to display 1) who reassigned a contract for signature?  He is also concerned that a docusign envelope can be easily replicated and he’d have no way of knowing. 2) Is there a convenient way to tell whether an envelope is authenticate before he clicks the link to sign? We do have a custom envelope, but that’s not enough for him to trust the sender. Thank you!

Hello, @Caroline.Nice 

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

For your described use case and scenario, I’d like to suggest to you: Docusign CLM. It’s made for such workflows between lawyers, customers, reviewers, etc...with everything traced and audited. That will be the best fit.

Perhaps other members of this community can give to you some alternatives/ideais in the eSignature only using authentication methods for envelopes like SMS, Phone, ID verification, and others.

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Hi Alexandre, Thank you for answering my question. I believe we do use Docusign CLM as a lot of our contracts are generated in Salesforce, however the person signing doesn’t see the audit trail and is generally distrustful. 

Do you know if there’s in Docusign, to indicate/display to the signer, who is reassigning a contract to them? 

Hi @Caroline.Nice,

Thank you for following up.

It sounds like your executive is getting their envelopes reassigned to their user through the “Assign to Someone Else” action during the envelope signing session.

This change is recorded as part of the envelope’s history, that can be accessed in Manage>Inbox>Actions>Envelope History. The specific recipient action to look for would be “Reassign”

You can find more details on this topic, here:

Envelope History

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!