Skip to main content

I have access to a General DocuSign mailbox which holds Agreements from many departments in our company. Often I am asked to search for a specific agreement by the name of the ‘Vendor’ only. Often times this agreement has not been saved by the Vendor name, but by the ‘Contract’ name. I am not given any other information. When entering search information I often get results which include results with the search request mentioned ‘anywhere’ in the agreement. Is there anyway to narrow this down?
Sometimes the list can be over 50+ agreements and if the Vendor name isn’t in the ‘title’ I have to open up each document to see if it is what I am searching for. 
There has to be an easier way, I just don’t know how to get around it.

Hello, @StarSearcher 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

I’d like to suggest you this: create a custom envelope field in the Settings page. You could created as a text field making it mandatory or optional. After doing that, each NEW envelope send will have such text field to the sender type the Vendor name, for example. Later, doing searches you can use that custom envelope field to search and/or use in the reports.

Now, you have a lot of already completed envelopes where you need to search, I’d suggest to use an Envelope report in the Reports area. You can customize that report by including filters. One filter that you can use it the Recipient name field. For example, let’s suppose your vendor’s name is ACME, you could type in the Recipient name field: @ACME.COM. A report will be generated with all envelopes where there is a recipient email @ACME.COM

It’s possible to download that report as a .CSV file to be used in another system or app like Excel. 

I hope that helps! If you’re going to respond this message, use @ plus my name so I’ll be notified.

Best,

Alexandre

Hello @StarSearcher ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!