Skip to main content

We have a user with DS Viewer permission. He wants to view the report of all the envelopes signed by him. 

Despite the Reports Tab being visible in his login, the generated reports exhibit blank data. He cannot view any details of the signed envelopes from the Reports.

Is this the expected functionality for a user with DS Viewer permission, and if so, why is the Reports Tab displayed for such users?

Hello @neethujkp,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, we know the importance of having the option to pull up reports, and I understand that when a user with the DS Viewer tries to pull up a report it shows blank.

Have they tried the below troubleshooting:

• Clear cache/cookies
  • Try a different browser(s)
  • Try an Incognito window
  • Try a different device
  • Try a different Internet network, such as on a mobile device using data with Wi-Fi disabled.
  • Try using VPN, or if on one already, disconnect from VPN and try again
  • Please try the Alternative Signing Method

Do you know which report is used to pull up the information?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello @neethujkp,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, this is a follow up on your post.

Was the information provide useful? Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Dear Christopher,

I tried the steps you mentioned, but the issue still persists. The reports are coming out as blank.

@neethujkp 

Could you attach a screenshot of the report view so we can see what filters are included?

Sofian Saoudi,
Solusign Consulting - DocuSign Partner
Need help with DocuSign?
 🌎  www.solusign.com | 📧 sofian@solusign.com | 📺 Follow me on YouTube  

Hi Sofian,

Attached are the screenshots from the Manage Tab - Documents Signed by DS Viewer, Envelope Report, Envelope Recipient Report

That is weird, do you also have the same issue in production?

@neethujkp 

I think I can shed some light on this.

The reporting is based on envelopes send from the account and not signed envelopes. There is a sentence under the report to highlight this “on (your) sent envelopes”. As DocuSign Viewers cannot send envelopes, the reporting section is therefore empty and does not return any results.

Hiding the reporting sections for users with DS Viewer permissions may not have been done, as they might have had higher permissions before to send envelopes at one point. They would loose the functionality to report on those previously sent envelopes, if the tab would be conditionally hidden based on the permission profile. 

Nevertheless this may be a worth an enhancement request to DocuSign. Please feel free to create a DocuSign Support ticket for it and share some more details on how you would image it should work in the future. 

That makes sense @Michael.Rave !

Hi @neethujkp,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,