Skip to main content

Hi all, 

I just have a quick question - 

I have a template that requires the in-person signature for two parties to complete a certain associated process. Once each party has completed their relevant section, they are prompted with a ‘Request a copy’ box where they can enter an email account. Can this step be removed as I do not want the form sent to any external email accounts? The template is already pre-filled with the permitted email accounts. I have looked through the settings and can not see an option related to this?

Thankyou! 

@Sarah.Dayton.Oneill 

The “request a copy” feature with in-person signing is optional and allows the signing party to receive a copy of the signed document if they want. This cannot be removed. Why would you remove the option for your recipients to get a copy of what they signed? They should have a copy of what they have signed or do you want to take care of that in a different way to make the completed envelope with the signed documents available to them? 

The actual document is stored in their DocuSign eSignature account and may be send via email as attachment in the completion email, if you configured DocuSign eSignature that way.

Hi @Sarah.Dayton.Oneill,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

You can remove this step by modifying the signing resource file. The “DocuSign_InPersonSuppressEmailCopy” value needs to be set to “true”. See page 50 of this guide.