Skip to main content

We have someone (client) that want to remove and revoke their consent to electronic signature.  Is this something that we would do or would it be within their own DocuSign settings?

Hi Adrenne,

Are you referring to the electronic record and signature disclosure?

Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure can be enabled or disabled through the Admin Settings

Refer : https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=mfo1583277335304.html&_LANG=enus

Thank you very helpful

follow up question when I went to add a mailing address it would only let us choose a US state we are in Canada how does this get fixed?

Hello Adrienne,

Could you please share a screenshot of this?

Sorry just got message, when I go to drop down does not list Canada or provinces

(Image removed do to Personal Information displayed)

Hello @Adrienne,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Regarding your follow-up question, I understand you are trying to add a mailing address but it does not show in Canada.

However, I haven’t seen that set up, to better understand, can you provide the steps you took to get there?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

I went to legal disclosure adding a mailing address.  Only for US not Canada

Also when trying to have client remove information they got the attached message.

They are very sensitive to their information  remaining online and I must get removed immediately. How do we as the sender do this 

Hello @Adrienne,

Thank you for reaching back and apologies for the late reply.

The screenshot requested was about the mailing address under legal disclosure, are you perhaps using an integration? I do not see any setting of that kind in my own account.

Regarding the information, the only way to remove a customers information on a completed document is by purging that document (I recommend both the sender an the signer download the document due to the fact that once it is purged it can no longer be retrieved in the DocuSign Cloud). If you are looking to only delete the envelope where the signer is a part of, Targeted Purge would be the best option.

To do so, the admin would need to go to:

1. Document Retention
  2. Targeted Purge
  3. Select the needed document
  4. Add to purge queue: Purge Queue and Notifications

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!