Skip to main content

Hi there, please help.

I created an envelope - where the final recipient has 2 signatures saved on his profile. But the envelope I sent doesn’t allow for him to select the 2nd signature. Only the one. Why is that?

So he has his personal signature, but also a signature that he uses when signing on behalf of his company. But the one for his company, he can’t use. Is there something I did wrong when setting up the envelope? Is there a setting in the back-end that allows users to sign with different signatures?

Please help.

Thanks,
Imke

Hello @Imke Gevers 

Hope you doing well, I read you question and I can suggest one workaround that you can do. When create the envelop and then identify the recipient. and add three recipient in which 2 of them will be the same person and can adapt the same signature. Hope that’s works for you

Thank you for responding. I’m not sure if that will actually work. Because I’m adding the same details would the same problem not still happen?

Hey, I believe that works for me but if you looking the way you wanted then, See the screenshot. I am adding the 2 signature boxes for a single person. so did you do the same when you create the envelop.  

I only need one place for that person to sign. But that person has 2 signatures - his personal one and then a company one on his profile. Will the above solve it? If he can’t select his company one in the first place? 

So he can only select his personal one, and not his company one.

@Imke Gevers

A recipient can have multiple signatures saved in his personal Docusign account. However, these require to have unique names, e.g. I could have “Michael Rave”, “i.V. Michael Rave” and “i.A. Michael Rave” saved.

When you send an envelope to “Michael Rave” it will automatically drag my standard signature from “Michael Rave”. If the recipient name is “i.A. Michael Rave” it will take the signature with that name.

The recipient can click on the pre-populated signature based on their full name and select “Change” to select a different signature that is stored in their Docusign eSignature account.

You can find additional information in this Docusign Support article.

Thanks! 

That is the challenge though - he wasn’t able to change. He could only use the one. So is there a setting on my end when sending the envelope that causes him to not being able to select another one?

@Imke Gevers 

Yes, there are a few reasons, why this is not allowed.

Note: You may not see this option for following reasons:

• You do not have an active Docusign Account
  • You are signing using:
    • Docusign mobile apps
    • In Person Signing Session
    • Digital Signatures/Universal Signatures (CFR part 11, etc.)
    • Sign and Return
  • Sender has locked recipients' names

Please have a look at this Docusign Support article for details.

Thank you! I definitely have an active Docusign account and so did the recipient. We had someone else sending it in the end to avoid the issue. Which isn’t great as I still had the problem.

I’ll have a look at the article you shared and see if I can figure out the problem.

Thank you