Skip to main content

What am I doing wrong? I send a document for signature with a copy to others for after the signing. The document is going to all recipients before it’s signed?? 

How do I set up the sending to only go to copied recipients AFTER its been signed only?

@Shannon K In the situation you provided the most likely reason is that you created the envelope and added Recipients but did not include a Signing Order or you set the Signing Order the same for all Recipients.  Without a Signing Order there is no specific designated order in which the envelope is following so it does all actions at the same time which means the Recipient to “Needs to Sign” would happen at the same moment as any “Receives a Copy” therefore resulting in notifications that occur to the “Receives a Copy” Recipients when the document has not yet been signed.

Here is a DocuSign article on Signing Order…

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=ulp1643236876813&topicId=kcb1578456479440.html&_LANG=enus

Hello, @Shannon K 

You are very welcome to the Docusign Community!

It is necessary to set a Signing Order in the envelope so you can put as the last ones those only receiving a copy after everybody has signed the document. 

Let me know if I answered your question.

Best,

Alexandre

Hi @Shannon K,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.