Skip to main content

Hi everyone!

I would like to have a radio button in my contract template with which I or an employee who sends the contracts to be signed for me (not the recipient) can choose a text option BEFORE sending the contract to the recipient.

And most important: I would need the other (not chosen)options not to be visible for the future employee. Is that possible?

Love to hear your ideas.

Thanks, philipp

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Is it feasible for you to Set a Signing Order, and add the person who needs to check the radio button as number one and then the other signers?

With this, you will be able to select the option needed for the envelope.

However, you as a recipient cannot have interactions with the fields of the other recipients unless you set up collaborative fields.

More information at Collaborative Fields

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

That would be no problem.

But does that solution meet the second important criteria, that the NOT chosen options "disappear" for the recipient of the contract?

Our contract is an employment contract and I dont want future employees to see options, which are not provided for them.

Hello,

Are these options part of the document or are options added through envelopes fields?

Best regards,

Hi,

the options can be part of the uploaded document OR added through envelope fields. Whatever helps to solve the issue.

And could you send me a link for a short tutorial "How to setup/use options/radio buttons? It seems, I can't get it to work by myself.

When I setup the buttons and go to preview, I either see nothing or a random "x" on the white paper without any surrounding or context.

Here an example how one of my options should look like:

Options

Hello,

You can follow this guide: https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/How-to-set-a-conditional-field-based-on-the-response-to-one-or-more-radio-button-groups.

You could set a text field over the part that you want to disappear with a conditional rule if "X" or "Y" option is selected it will cover that part of the document.

Best regards,