Skip to main content

I have had several problems when my financial advisor or other organization tries to get me to sign something with DocuSign.  I always assumed that the reason for having problems was the fact that for most of my 77 year life, I went by my middle name but now the notaries and financial organizations in California require me to use my full name.  When docusign goes to check me out with the credit agencies and other sources, they often do not find the “new” full name me?

Has anyone else heard of similar problems and how to resolve them?

@AC3558

The sender specifies your full name when the envelope is sent. Ideally they should sent it your correct name that you want to appear on the signed documents.

Depending on the DocuSign account settings of the sender you may be able to update your name to your full name, if it was only sent to your middle name or it may be prohibited to update your name. In that case reach out to the sender and ask them to correct your name.

DocuSign does not check you out with credit agencies and other sources. It may however be that when they receive the signed document that they are unable to process this correctly as they have you listed under a different name and do not map both names to the same person. 

I need to challenge your statement that DocuSign does not check you out with credit agencies and other sources because I tracked down my problem to DocuSign using Lexis Nexis to verify my identity using “credit agency” information.  Lexis Nexis stated that they could not even find me under my full legal name.  I worked with Lexis Nexis for many hours over a couple of weeks and finally gave up out of frustration.  I have 60 years of superior credit history and many, many successfully completed transactions.  I do not understand how they have “lost” my information.

My financial advisor figured out an alternative method to obtain my electronic signature and I suppose I will have to avoid the Docusign/ Lexis Nexis method in the future.