Skip to main content

I have created a powerform from a template. The template allows for users to assign it to someone else to sign. There is 1 recipient as a Needs to Sign with the relevant fields to complete. When I try to assign it to someone else in the DocuSign screen (usually under Other Actions) the option is not there. I can’t find anything online to understand why I don’t have the option to Assign to Someone Else, like a normal envelope.

@Terri Stewart The big difference between using a Template and using a Powerform is that Templates are typically started by an internal User who has access to the Template and act as the Sender of that envelope. Powerforms are more of a self service that allow anyone with access to a link to start the envelope and the Sender is always the same.  

A Powerform can have many Recipients but the first Recipient is always the person starting the envelope through the Powerform link, so I am wondering if that is the Recipient you are suggesting cannot “re-assign” the envelope, which is likely the design based on the fact that Powerform’s are started by the appropriate Recipient provided the Powerform link.  I would not see a purpose of re-assigning the envelope as the first Recipient starting the Powerform envelope, rather the person who should be starting and filling out the Powerform envelope should be given the link and perform the required actions on the envelope.  

If the Powerform has additional Recipients, then the “Assign to Someone Else” should be present.

This is a powerform we are sending to clients. It may be started by 1 person but there may be others in the organisation who are better placed to answer some of the questions, hence my question re the Assign to Someone Else functionality. We allow recipients to reassign envelopes - and have checked the settings for the powerform template but it sounds like this is not something that is possible to do with powerforms unless I set it up for the 1st recipient to Specify or Update Recipients?

@Terri Stewart One suggestion is to add other Recipients that can participate and collaborate on the fields in questions.  Perhaps an “optional” Recipient that can be added by the Recipient who starts the Powerform envelopes, then add Landing Page instructions stating why this Recipients should be added or not added. I have been successful with collaboration on the Powerform envelopes but you would want to test this thoroughly I believe as it not suggested for use on Powerforms.

Hello @Terri Stewart ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!