Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a case I cannot explain.

Situation

Normal signing request:

Signee 1 email + phone autorization

Signee 2 email only.

Procesflow

Signee 1 did open the email on their phone and signed on the phone (it states so in the receipt and this is what the person also confirmed);

Signee 2 signed at a laptop (normal situation).

Question

Signee 1 had the email and the phone autorization setting. However no sms was send to the person and the signing went through anyway. Why was their no sms send? I did a test using another person and that person did receive an sms (did however sign on their laptop). Did the person not get a sms because they opened the email on the phone they would have got the sms on or is their a relation with the country the person was located in? I could find this in the documentation about the phone authorization.

Thanks for any help.

Hello @Raimund

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

We are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand you have set a recipient authentication, but the recipient was able to complete the envelope without it.

To better assist you can you provide the envelope ID for this envelope?

There are several ways to locate a Docusign envelope ID. You can find it near the top of your document, in the Envelope History, by selecting the EnvelopeID link in the Manage tab, or the URL when viewing the document details. Additionally, you can add the Envelope ID as a column in the EnvelopeReport. If you are a recipient/signer, you can also find the Envelope ID. Locate a Docusign envelope ID

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello Christopher,

Thanks for looking into this. I also created a support case, however it's not been addressed yet.

The envelope id is 66f6a472-1d65-4d68-bc80-9700809303eb

One more thing: we did an additional test in the production environment. We send the envelope and had the authorization settings for both signees the same (mail + sms). However, neither received an authorization sms but could did complete the signing (envelope id of that test: b50cfc3f-9c6c-42cf-ade1-fd5fa7d48199).

Just for your information > we do have a DocuSign agreement which includes sms. And for example a similar signing request for employees in The Netherlands works as expected (mail and they receive an sms). So, we don't understand why this doesn't work for the employees outside of The Netherlands.

Best regards,

Raimund

Hello @Raimund

Thank you for reaching back, do you have an envelope ID for one of the envelopes that requested the SMS verification, neither of the envelopes provided show that the SMS authentication was sent for the recipients.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Hi @Raimund,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,