Skip to main content

I just discovered using the “Assign to” fields once selecting PDF documents.  The option to tab between fields is awesome.  I tried to TEST it and send to myself - in doing so, it seems that the fields will all be able to be modified by the receiver of the document.  Which is not the option that I want.  Other than going into each single field and marking it read only how can I stop this?

Hi @E Realtor,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to update your fields’ Read Only parameter in bulk, and I will share the steps to set this up.

Whenever you select multiple fields at once (and they share the Read Only parameter) you will have the option to manage their shared setting in the Fields Properties menu, located at the right side of the screen, during the document tagging step of the envelope creation process. You may select multiple fields at once by clicking and dragging your mouse, as you would in your PC to select multiple files.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you for this suggestion. Is this something I can do to a template so that it will stay the same for all documents that I use that template?

Am “I” still able to modify the cells as the admin if I use read only on the template and import that template as a document. ?

Hi @E Realtor,

Thank you for following up.

If you use these steps within a template, its configuration can be applied to any document that you want. Regarding the Read Only property, this only applies to the signer, any sender using your template will be able to edit the data in the field. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!