Skip to main content

I am trying to modify a document that has already been signed and it is giving me a message that says, “Without the owner password, you do not have permission to create or modify annotations in the document.”  How do I get the password or remove this feature?

Hello @CLUNA ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that the system is requesting a password to edit a document. I understand you are trying to edit an already signed document, has this been completed? If so, you can apply changes to any envelope or recipient that has not been marked as completed. Once a recipient completes their action (or the envelope), the system will not accept any further alterations.

Usually password can be added to a template by the creator of the template and they are the ones you would need to reach out to to get the password and/or have the feature removed, Docusign does not handle that as it is internal: Add a password to a template

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @CLUNA ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!