Skip to main content

I am an administrator sending an envelope on my behalf of my boss. How can I make sure that both of us (Myself and my boss) receive notifications that the envelope has been read – read receipt?

Hi @Info_DCA,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to receive notifications related to an envelope sent on behalf of someone else, and I will share more details on the topic.

The best way to ensure that you will get the necessary notifications, would be including yourself as a Carbon Copy recipient in the signing order.

For detailed steps on this process, see:

Set a Signing Order

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have included myself as a Carbon Copy recipient in the signing order (place order #3)

I did a test…using signing order as follows:

#1 Signer A

#2 Signer B

#3 Carbon Copy - Myself 

Signer A opened/received the document and signed.

I did not receive a notification stating that Signer A opened & signed.

I did not receive any notifications until all parties signed the document and I was sent a copy of the signed document once all was said and done.

1. Could this be because I placed myself Cc in the last placeholder (#3)? OR does my boss have to set certain permissions for me?

Side Note: I checked that all my notifications were checked “on”

Thank you so much

Hi @Info_DCA,

Thank you for following up.

In this scenario, you would need to add a Carbon Copy recipient role in each level of the signing order to be notified when someone opens the envelope. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you so much for your reply. Very much appreciated