Skip to main content

The word “docusign” is being inserted on the signature line when I try to sign. My profile has my signature and intials but they are not being inserted into documents.

Also - I do not get the prompt to adopt or change my signature while on the active document I’m trying to sign. 

I’m desperate to get this corrected so as the document I need to sign is due in 3 days.

Hello @nriddlemills

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that when you attempt to sign, the word "Docusign" appears on the signature line instead of your actual signature and initials from your profile. Additionally, you are not prompted to adopt or modify your signature when signing an active document. 

The Signature Adoption Configuration is set by the sender account, in this case, would it be possible for you to provide a screenshot of what the signature is being shown to you?

It’s also important to note that there are a few times the option to change your signature won’t be available. Those exceptions are listed below: 

You will not be able to change a signature if you are: 

• Using DocuSign Mobile Apps 
  • In-Person Signing Session 
  • Using Digital Signatures/Universal Signatures (CFR part 11, etc.) 
  • Using Sign and Return 
  • The sender has locked the recipient’s names 
  • Do not have an active DocuSign Account 

How do I change my signature or adopt a custom signature?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @nriddlemills,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.