Skip to main content

I have a simple rental agreement. The last two pages call for signature for me (The landlord) and the tenants. When I sent the document for the tenants to sign, they are telling me that they’re only allowed to sign one page but not the next. Also, when I sign my part, it doesn’t allow me to move forward it’s prompting me to have them sign before I can move forward, please someone advice,

Hello, Acrespo

For signers (recipients) see and sign a document, the envelope’s creator (sender) must add all recipients that will sign the document, by default, all recipients will receive a notification at the same time, so they can start signing regardless an signing order.

Another possibility when creating an envelope and adding recipients is to activate a checkbox “Signing Order”, activating this option you can set who will be the first to sign, the second and so on. With a signing order set, a recipient only can sign when it’s his/her turn. After all recipients signed the document, everybody receives an email notification with attached documents saying it’s completed.

For example, in your case as a landlord, you could set a signing order with all the tenants as the first signers and you as the last one. So, after all signers signed the document, you will get a notification to sign and the envelope will change status to Completed.

You must put the Sign Here or Initials fields in every page of the document(s) to be signed by the recipients.

For example, imagine I created an envelope with a 2 pages document, if I want the recipients signing those two pages then I need to add the Sign here field in the two pages.

I hope that helps.

Alexandre

Hello @Acrespo29 ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!