Skip to main content

I don’t see an option to correct an envelope I just sent out. Why?

@Investor Relations

Only the owner, typically the sender, of the envelope is able to correct it. 

Can you please confirm that you are the owner/sender of the envelope?
Are you still able to see the envelope in the “Sent” inbox of your account?

Maybe Custody Transfer is set up and the envelope is assigned to someone else?

Hi @Investor Relations,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

How do I correct documents in an already sent envelope? I am the sender.

@jamesg 

So long as the document is not signed - you can click on the document (from ‘Home” or ‘Waiting for Others’. You will see the header: “Complete with Docusign:<document name>”

Under the header there are a few lines of information on the document.

Under that - there is a ‘correct’ button (also buttons for ‘move’ ‘resend’ and ‘more’). Click ‘correct’ - make your changes - then click send/correct the document.

If the document was completed you will not see the ‘correct’ button.

see: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=oeq1643226594604&topicId=dxr1578456334187.html&_LANG=enus

in DocuSign help

good luck

mr1

Hi @jamesg,

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

I´m in the agreements tab, sent then on the envelope line, I’m the sender, me and another recepient haven’t sign the envelope, yet no correct option appears on the 3 dots, I have:

Resend. Move, Copy, Void, History, Export as CSV and Delete.

Why I can’t correct an evelope?

Hi @dmr ,

Are you the sender of the envelope or a recipient? 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Hi @dmr,

I want to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Like other posters, I am the the sender of the envelope, but the Correct button is not shown.

In my case, one of the recipient emails bounced and I need to resend to a different email address. I do not want to resend to all, only to the individual whose address has been updated.

I want to apologize for my moody response; having said that, what part of I’m the sender didn’t you understand? Let me copy the initial text:

I´m in the agreements tab, sent then on the envelope line, I’m the sender, me and another recepient haven’t sign the envelope, yet no correct option appears on the 3 dots, I have:

Resend. Move, Copy, Void, History, Export as CSV and Delete.

Why I can’t correct an evelope?

now, that I’ve said 3 times that I’m the sender (like many other users before and after me) is there an option to correct the envelope if it doesn’t appear under the 3 dots?

cheers and again sorry for the moody response, but please take a minute to read the questions asked.

Hi @dmr and @jskelly,

I hope you are doing well. I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you, would it be possible for you to provide an envelope ID for one of the envelopes that you are not able to correct, also would you confirm if the account that you use to sent the envelope has the same email as this community user?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Hi @dmr and @jskelly,

I want to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,