Skip to main content

Hello!

I am trying to implement a PowerForm signing workflow where the first signer specifices the second signer, the second signer specifies the third signer, the third signer specifies the fourth signer, and the fifth signer is constant. Each signer must also sign the document at each point in the workflow.

I have configured the signing order as follows:

First:

Needs to Sign

Second:

Second (assign):

Specify Recipients

Third:

Third (assign):

Fourth:

Fifth: Known Signer name@email.com

On the template, I have input only the role and left the name/email blank, except for the fifth signer, who is known. The first signer browses to the PowerForm and enters their name/email as well as the second signer's name/email. The second signer receives an email to "Please review and complete the recipient information," but when the PowerForm is opened, it says "There are no recipients to address."

I have tried making each step in the signing order sequential; I have tried removing each of the "Needs to Sign" steps; I have tried the Update Recipients option instead of Specify Recipients. I have yet to succeed having a signer specify a recipient with a PowerForm! (Worth noting, I was able to specify recipients when I sent the envelope to the first signer. Just not working with PowerForm.) Is this use case possible? Is this a bug with PowerForms? Have I misconfigured something?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Hi, Welcome to the DocuSign Support Community!Currently, it isn't possible to use any of the Manager Recipient options with a PowerForm. Also, I see that you have already created a support ticket which is being reviewed by one of our Customer Support Reps.  They will reach out to you as soon as they are able.  You can view and add updates to Case #04330371 in your (http://bit.ly/DocuSignSupportCases) My Cases Dashboard. DonnaSupport Moderator 

I am having a similar issue, also using a PowerForm. Signer 1 is known and should specify Signer 2. Is it possible to use "Specify Recipients" with a PowerForm? (Signer 1 would use the PowerForm and then Signer 2 should get an envelope after Signer 1 specifies Signer2's name/email.)

Hi,

The powerform will allow the first signer to input the email of signer 2, everything should work out just fine.

Also, inserting "allow to edit" role at any point will allow an account administrator to correct the envelope and re-assign signing role orders. If there are signatures already you wont be able to edit that however.

Hi, 

It won't allow me to create a powerform from a template that has two signers.The first one we don't know who it will be and the second one we do, enter your name and email. How should I place the signatories?