Skip to main content

Envelope Id: 

I received a DocuSign-ed contract / agreement with my side of eSignature. How can I get help from DocuSign while I am not an initiator and I am just the person required to sign the document. I do not have a subscription to DocuSign yet. Signing a document does not require an account with DocuSign.

The document is obviously forged since:

(1) I have never received the DocuSign email requesting for signature at all; I believe that my email in the document is Spoofed and the eSignature is forged;

(2) my eSignature in the trial account is different from the document; For example, if they sent to my email requesting for my signature, the signature will be Abc Xyz, not Cde Xyz with is another party on this agreement;

(3) The timestamps of all actions within 5 second each from sending, reviewing to signing while I was still sleeping in the early morning: 

Envelope Summary Events Status Timestamps
Envelope Sent Hashed/Encrypted 2/5/2024 6:38:56 AM
Certified Delivered Security Checked 2/5/2024 6:39:06 AM
Signing Complete Security Checked 2/5/2024 6:39:15 AM
Completed Security Checked 2/5/2024 6:39:15 AM

(4) The locations of the 2 IP addresses are not mine:  Originator IP Address: (San Francisco) and signee (Long Island, NY)

(5) Security Level:
.Email

2/5/2024 6:38:58 AM

(6) Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure:
Accepted: 2/5/2024 6:39:06 AM

How can we identify the above two IDs and the actual user ID behind?

@pszhan I would definitely recommend creating a DocuSign Support case to have this issue reviewed and provide additional information on this envelope.  Community users would not have this type of information regarding the User ID’s.

Requiring a subscription to create a support case. I am not the initiator (vendor). I am just a buyer to sign to contract they generated. It does not make sense to purchase a subscription for a signee who sign their document once in the life time. Vendors can use different tools to initiate the eSignatures.

The agent from the vendor forged my signature to created a contract. I need DocuSign to provide me the evidence that the signature is forged.

DocuSign should not be a tool to help committing crimes. DocuSign has the responsibility and should protect their reputation to be a TRUSWORTHY tool. 

Hi @pszhan,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I am truly sorry to hear about the situation with these illegitimate signatures, but I will gladly help you approach this issue in the best way possible.

Even though you are always welcome to open a support case (without necessarily owning a DocuSign account), this is not the most efficient path to report this kind of behavior.

In this scenario in particular, I recommend filing a Fraud Complaint through our Fraud Portal, that can be accessed below:

Fraud Portal

You can also find the best channels to contact us with your security concerns (depending on the scenario) listed, here:

Report security concerns

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!