Skip to main content

I used to use FormSwift.

When I was using FormSwift I could upload a document and fill out things like address, phone, name, all sorts of info. Not sure what is in the plan i got, but it seems all I can do is collect signature. Am i missing the obvious?

Thank you

@Ed.K.Campbell Even the basic DocuSign accounts have the ability to add different field types like a Text field to the document uploaded.  When you go to tag the document do you not have a left side panel with different field types? 

When I log in, i go to templates, I upload a template and want to edit it. I click the edit button but al li can do is add pages. I am i in the right area, believe me, i have looked around, but cant find anything else.

thank you for your help

@Ed.K.Campbell During the Template edit, the first screen is for the adding of documents and Recipients.  In the bottom right there should be a Next button that would allow you to start adding the DocuSign fields (tags), do you not see that option (button).

I see it now. I was hoping to just edit the form with the basics and add emails later. fill out the form with the basics. 

looking around. i don’t see an “erase” button where I can “white out” text

@Ed.K.Campbell You can skip the email portion but need at least the basic Subject and Body.  

Regarding the “white-out”….DocuSign fields can be set to be a white text color on a white document background making the Text added via the DocuSign field invisible. However if you are looking for some way to alter the uploaded document, DocuSign is not strong in the sense of document editing.  I suggest altering the document in a PDF editor, Adobe Acrobat or Word, then replace the existing document in the Template with the new version. Using “replace” and not “delete”, if you “delete” the document in the Template then you delete the fields along with the document. Replace will just swap document A for document B and retains the DocuSign fields.

Hi @Ed.K.Campbell,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Yes, thank you

Hi @Ed.K.Campbell,

I hope you are doing well.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but can you clarify if you were able to solve your issue or if you need further assistance?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.